Glass teapots are one of the most sophisticated variants you can find.
Constructed in this material, they are characterized more as a fine ornament for your home. If you already have one, discover in this article how to take care of your glass teapot.
Undoubtedly, glass teapots are perhaps one of the most sophisticated known today.
As well as they are available in a great variety of materials, the delicacy of crystal offers you a different option, as far as tea accessories are concerned.
Made of glass, these teapots are suitable for regular use, although some designs look like real-quality ornaments to decorate your home.
On the other hand, you will find them of all provenance, as they have been made for a long time and the designs can vary substantially from one another, covering a spectrum from classicism to cutting-edge design.
Why choose a glass teapot?
One of the main advantages that glass teapots offer you is their transparency.
If you like to appreciate tea with all your senses, from the moment it is brewed, a glass teapot is irreplaceable.
You will be able to appreciate how the color of the tea tints the water with its warm tones.
In addition, they are very hygienic since you will be able to check their state of cleanliness, given their transparency. However, they also have their disadvantages.
Disadvantages of glass teapots
Glass teapots are much more fragile than other materials.
You will have to maximize your skills in both handling and use.
Moreover, although they reach the same temperature as other materials, they do not keep the heat for a long time, so you will need to use a teapot cover if you want to preserve the temperature of the tea.
In any case, if you already own a glass teapot, you will surely be interested in keeping it as beautiful as the first day.
To do this, it is essential that you keep in mind how to use, care for and clean your glass teapot.
Steps to brew tea in a glass teapot
- Before brewing tea, place hot water in your glass teapot and leave it for a few minutes to allow the glass to temper. This will prevent the sudden change in temperature from damaging it.
- After a few minutes, discard the water.
- Put the tea leaves in the bottom of your teapot or in a filter, as you prefer.
- Add the water at the appropriate temperature, according to the type of tea you intend to prepare.
- Put the lid on and let it infuse for the necessary time.
- Serve and drink.
How to take care of a glass teapot so that it looks impeccable?
- To clean it, once you have used it, empty it.
- Wash it with hot water, a soft sponge, and detergent.
- To clean the spout, use a small brush.
- Rinse and air dry.
- Store it in a safe place where it cannot fall out. If you have children at home, keep it out of their reach.
Glass teapots are an excellent choice for loose-leaf tea lovers as they provide full transparency, displaying the mesmerizing colors of the fresh brew.
If you’re still not sure where to get the absolutely superb quality organic teas for your glass teapot, we suggest you check the women-run Hummingbird Tearoom online store and select your favorite tea alongside freshly-baked English scones.
Itsnevernotteatime.com cannot and does not contain medical/health advice. The medical/health information is provided for general and educational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional advice.