Tea or coffee, which is healthier, which is better for my health? These are questions that we are always asked by people at our specialized tea store.
The reality is that both products are good for your health, as long as you take into account the characteristics of each of them and the circumstances of your health.
Therefore, today we are going to summarize the main properties of both tea and coffee, as well as the benefits of both. Read on to learn about them and, at the end of the article, tell us which of the two products you prefer.
Surely you already know that one of the main properties of coffee is that it contains caffeine. A characteristic that translates, in turn, into benefits. Let’s go with the latter.
Benefits of Coffee
If you are wondering what are the benefits of coffee, stay because we are going to tell you how two to three cups of coffee a day help you.
- It helps ou to awaken your mind
- It helps you burn fat (especially if we are talking about green coffee).
- It provides you with antioxidants, which help you to take care of your cardiovascular health and also the appearance of your skin.
- It helps you reduce the chances of suffering from certain types of cancer and coronary diseases.
- Improves the physical performance of athletes
- Helps fight Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease.
- Reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes
Properties of Tea
Now that you know the properties of coffee, we also want to tell you about the properties of tea. In this case, one of the main properties of tea is that it contains theine because, yes, theine and caffeine are different.
If you want to buy tea, below, we tell you what benefits of tea these properties translate into.
Benefits of Tea
Surely you know that the benefits of tea are many. Among others, it is worth mentioning that:
- It helps you reduce fluid retention
- It helps you to improve heavy digestion.
- Helps you burn fat naturally
- It helps you to concentrate, without getting nervous (especially if we talk about green tea and black tea).
- It helps you to improve the quality of sleep if you drink tea without theine or infusions.
- Helps you to reduce inflammation naturally.
- Improves the appearance of your skin
- If any of these benefits are what you need for you, you already know that, in your case, tea is better.
Which Has More Caffeine, Tea or Coffee?
Many people think that theine and caffeine are the same things, however, it has already been proven that it is not the same. Therefore, in this last point, we want to talk about theine vs caffeine.
One of the main differences is that caffeine in coffee takes effect sooner than theine. However, the latter lasts longer in time, but in a milder way.
What is true is that if the amount of caffeine is large, its effect is also prolonged. For this reason, in the mornings it is possible to drink coffee of greater intensity than in the afternoons or evenings.
So, if you are still doubting which has more caffeine, green tea, or coffee, let us tell you that the theine of tea is lower than that of coffee.
Both beverages, tea and coffee, are proven to be good for health. Both have in common that they contain an alkaloid molecule, which belongs to the Xanthine group, which is what provides that energy and clears the mind when we drink a cup of our favorite tea or coffee.
Several studies have shown that drinking tea or coffee can bring important benefits to our health, so it is great to include them in a healthy lifestyle.
The main difference is that tea contains theine and coffee contains caffeine, so the consequences or benefits are not always the same, although they are very similar in many cases.
Therefore, many cups of both beverages are consumed daily to improve health
and reduce the effects of a number of common health problems, especially since both contain antioxidants that help improve the quality of life of people.
Itsnevernotteatime.com cannot and does not contain medical/health advice. The medical/health information is provided for general and educational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional advice.