A work routine also means investing extra energy in our daily lives, especially if we have just finished a holiday or a quieter period, for example, by avoiding commuting to work, intense weekend outings, or taking and picking up children from school.
If this is your case, you may feel a little more tired than usual during these first few weeks, until your body gets used to it.
But, be careful! This may not only be due to a lack of energy expenditure but also to a bad or incorrect diet, as well as a lack of sleep hours; factors that, yes or yes, must be taken into account.
So taking into account the time in which we find ourselves, we thought that talking about healthy habits to maintain energy and complement these routines with some specific infusions, will come in handy any time of the year.
Why Am I So Tired?
This is one of the questions that many people ask themselves on an occasional or continuous basis.
In the first case, there is no problem: there are times of more stress, more work or bad sleep for a specific reason (for example, children who wake up in the middle of the night because they have to eat or because they have nightmares).
In the second case, things change, because chronic fatigue may be related to other health reasons.
If this is the case, we invite you to make an appointment with your family doctor (we know it is more difficult now), explain what is happening to you, and how long you have been feeling this way and he will assess whether it is necessary to have a more thorough check-up.
In addition, there may be a third case that is related to bad lifestyle habits, most often related to poor diet, which causes you not consume the nutrients your body needs at the end of the day to be able to resist without a problem.
The lack of rest, also causes us to go limp throughout the day.
By the way, did you know that there is an acronym for chronic fatigue? TATT is the acronym for “Tired All The Time”.
And if it exists, it’s because, unfortunately, we live in a society where the rush goes ahead of people, where we make marathon days, and much more if we are talking about big cities.
Where we prioritize other tasks, before prioritizing ourselves.
For this reason, today we are going to give ourselves a few minutes to consider what habits help us to have more energy and we will focus on those natural infusions that are a great complement to reinforce those habits.
Healthy Habits to Maintain Your Energy
One of the first problems that health experts detect in terms of lack of energy is how late we eat dinner and, as a consequence, how late we go to bed.
However, where there is less difference is in the time to get up, as the average is around 6.30 in the morning.
This means that many people sleep at most 6 hours when the ideal would be 7 to 9 hours, depending on each person.
If we add to that a bad night… we are already adding hours delayed, which cannot be recovered.
Therefore, the first healthy habit would be to have a good rest, and for that, nothing like having dinner early and not going to bed very late. What do we get with this?
On the one hand, rest more hours but, on the other hand, make better digestion, which also contributes to our sleep being more restful.
In this sense, taking a relaxing infusion or digestive infusion before going to bed is always a good idea, because we invite to sleep and because we help our organism to work better, reducing to the maximum those heartburns with which we can wake up if we have not done well the digestion.
The other habits that experts also recommend are the following:
- Proper hydration: one and a half to two liters a day, a little more if it is hot or we do a lot of sport. Infusions also help in this sense, but it is important to drink them without sugar.
- A correct diet: based on the Harvard plate, that is, half of the plate of vegetables, a quarter of cereals, and a quarter of proteins, in addition to taking two pieces of fruit a day, if possible, fruits that do not have much sugar and, above all, whole fruits, leaving aside the juices, because they do not provide us with all the vitamins that fruits provide us in whole. In this sense, fruits that have more antioxidants and more vitamin C are the most recommended.
- Doing sports: the lack of activity makes us feel more tired. It is not necessary to become an elite athlete. It is a matter of going for a 30-minute walk, at a brisk pace, every day or a more intense sport, 3 days a week.
Which Teas Provide Most Energy?
As I told you before, natural herbal teas are the best to keep our energy at bay, as long as we also take into account the above points.
- Ginseng: This plant of Chinese origin is well known for providing greater physical resistance and for helping us to face, in a calmer way, stressful situations. It is perfect to take before or after sports and continue to maintain energy, or to start the day with it.
- Yerba mate: preferred by Argentinians and Uruguayans and that helps to have more energy, especially as far as mental energy is concerned, since it helps to activate the nervous system.
- Red tea infusion: it helps to activate the metabolism as well as the mind. It is, along with red tea, the perfect substitute for coffee, if you prefer to reduce its consumption. In this sense, we invite you to take varieties since the ingredients with which they are made also help to improve your energy and immune system.
- Mint infusion: perfect to take after meals or dinners. It will help you to improve digestion, besides providing a high value of antioxidants, iron, and vitamins C and A. A basic in the home of any person.
- Black tea: to drink first thing in the morning or mid-morning. If you also add other properties, such as those provided by black chai tea or turmeric chai, the result will be even better.
- Turmeric: one of the most valued spices in the world and to which numerous properties are granted, among which are to provide vitality.
As you can see, you have a lot of options to make your day full of energy and it is not necessary that infusions have theine to give you the boost you need.
In short: having a healthy and orderly life helps you to always have the energy your body needs. Are you still lacking in spite of it? Then, opt for a doctor’s consultation, it is always good to have a little check-up in these cases.
Itsnevernotteatime.com cannot and does not contain medical/health advice. The medical/health information is provided for general and educational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional advice.