Do you want to lose a few pounds in a healthy way? If you are looking for a natural treatment to help you in your effort to lose weight, arnica may be your answer. This medicinal plant has several properties that benefit our health and, in addition, depending on how we use it, it can help us in the process of losing weight.
However, it is very important to know how to use it in order to avoid unwanted side effects. Of course, it is always better to go to a medical specialist to guide us and prescribe a treatment and diet appropriate to our case to reduce the volume in a healthy way.
If you want to know all the important details of taking this medicinal herb, do not miss this article in which we tell you how to prepare arnica tea for weight loss step by step.
Properties of Arnica Tea
Arnica is a genus that includes about 30 different species but has very similar properties. The main properties of arnica are that it is an anti-inflammatory and analgesic herb and significantly improves blood circulation. It is therefore widely used externally to prevent and treat contractures, sprains, bruises, bumps, etc…
It is a medicinal plant widely used for home remedies and homeopathy and is normally used in the form of gel, oil, or homeopathic globules, although its leaves and dried flowers can also be taken in an infusion.
Properties of Arnica Tea for Weight Loss
In summary, arnica alone is not useful to lose weight, but it is a reinforcement for the body to have more ease to do so as long as we do our part with a balanced diet, take a natural diuretic product, and do some daily exercise. In addition, we should always consult with our doctor what is the best option in our case.
The properties of this plant to help us in this regard are that it reduces swelling and activates circulation and, therefore, provides the body with the oxygenation and functioning necessary to lose weight and can be used to eliminate retained fluids.
How to Prepare Arnica Tea for Weight Loss
To take this medicinal plant safely and help us to reduce a few sizes, as we have already mentioned, it is vital that we accompany its consumption with a balanced diet and a little daily exercise in addition to visiting a specialist who will follow up and advise us. Thus, we have to know how to make arnica tea for weight loss but also how it is best to take it. So, pay attention to these simple indications:
- 1/2 tablespoon of dried flowers and leaves of this plant
- Fill a saucepan with water and add a teaspoon of this medicinal herb.
- Bring the infusion to a boil and when it reaches the boiling point lower the heat so that it finishes slowly.
- Let it boil for 5 minutes, you can leave it up to 10 minutes but do not overdo it because it is not recommended to take it very concentrated.
- After that time, remove the pan from the heat, cover it and let it rest, and cool down a little, for about 5 minutes.
- When it is lukewarm you can strain the infusion into a cup and you can drink it.
It is not advisable to add honey or sugar if you want to lose weight, but if you do not like the taste you can sweeten it with a little bit of Stevia. It is best to drink 1 or 2 cups a day for 1 week and, above all, it is recommended not to drink it for more than 15 days in a row. It is best to wait 2 to 4 weeks before taking it again, as there is a risk of side effects, which we discuss later in this article.
Arnica and Ginger Tea
Using ginger to lose weight is also a widespread practice around the world, as it is really effective and healthy. This root helps us to improve digestion, is a natural appetite suppressant, and helps burn fat by accelerating the metabolism. Thus, adding ginger to arnica tea for weight loss is one of the best options to enhance the positive effects of these two natural ingredients. Pay attention to these simple steps to prepare this infusion:
- 1 slice of ginger or 2 tablespoons of powdered ginger
- 1/2 tablespoon of dried arnica flowers and leaves
- Clean the ginger and cut a slice.
- Put water in a pot or saucepan and add the ginger and the dried leaves and flowers of this medicinal herb.
- Let it boil for 5 minutes and then remove it from the heat, cover and let it steep for another 5 minutes.
- When it is lukewarm, strain the mixture to keep the infusion.
- You can add a little Stevia and it is ready to drink.
- You can drink 1 or 2 cups of this tea a day for 1 or 2 weeks but remember not to exceed 15 days.
Arnica and Cinnamon Tea
Using cinnamon to lose weight by adding it to this infusion is a recommended option since this spice not only helps us to regulate the level of blood sugar and cholesterol but also allows us to burn accumulated fat. Thus, together with the stimulating action of the circulation of this medicinal herb, you can get a greater effect to reduce weight. To prepare this arnica and cinnamon infusion, follow these simple instructions:
- 1 teaspoon of dried arnica flowers and leaves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or 1/2 cinnamon stick
- Fill a saucepan half full with water and bring it to a boil.
- When it reaches boiling point add the indicated ingredients, stir a little and lower the heat a little.
- After 5 minutes remove the saucepan from the heat and cover it to let it rest and cool down little by little.
- Once it is not too hot, strain the mixture into a cup or large glass and you can drink it, without adding sugar or honey.
It is recommended that you drink 2 cups a day for 1 week and then rest for 2 weeks before consuming this mixture again. If you take only 1 cup a day you can extend it a few more days, but it is very important not to overdo it in order not to damage your health.
Other Infusions for Weight Loss
In addition to using arnica as a natural product to lose weight, as we have already mentioned that its effect alone is not too powerful but rather serves as a reinforcement to achieve this goal, it is best to add other natural ingredients to your diet. Thus, you can prepare infusions to lose weight with these other herbs and foods, either alone or accompanying them with arnica:
- Lemon tea
- Barberry tea
- Grapefruit tea
- Green tea
- Oolong tea
Side Effects of Arnica Tea
Like any product, arnica may have certain side effects and may also be contraindicated in some cases. For this reason, it is very important that before starting to consume this plant we discuss with our doctor the possible treatment to follow, dosage, and duration, and also assess whether it is really good to take it in our case or if there are better options for our health. Here is everything you need to know before deciding to take this medicinal herb for weight loss:
- If taken for a long time, it can cause sores and ulcers in the mouth.
- Stimulates the uterus, so it can cause premature labor or miscarriage.
- In high doses, it produces abdominal pain, loss of movement, nausea, and vomiting.
- Excessive intake may cause damage to important organs such as the heart, kidneys, and lungs.