Do you want to lose weight in the healthiest way possible? Then you should know a product that will fill you with vitality and, at the same time, will help you lose those extra kilos. We are talking about green tea, an antioxidant that will help you purify your body thanks to its diuretic power. In just two weeks, you will reduce your weight and improve the health of your body.
We are committed to helping you lose weight in a healthy, healthy, and balanced way. Therefore, in the following article, we want to tell you how to do the green tea diet. Do not forget that to lose weight effectively you must combine a healthy diet with some moderate sport, in addition to using products as effective as green tea. Want to know more? Below you will find the keys that will help you get the results you want and look better.
Properties of Green Tea for Weight Loss
One of the best natural remedies for weight loss is green tea since it has multiple capabilities and properties that allow us to lose weight. Among all of them, three stand out, which are those that help us burn fat:
- Like most teas or infusions, green tea improves diuresis. Its high diuretic power allows us to purify our bodies, eliminate toxins, reduce swelling and reduce fluid retention, which helps us lose weight.
- Its antioxidant compound allows us to accelerate metabolism, which helps our digestive enzymes to work better and faster, achieving the slimming effect we desire.
- Green tea has thermogenesis capabilities, that is, it is a natural fat burner. Consuming it helps us to spend, in a natural way, more energy, so we lose weight almost without noticing it.
- But you should know that it is not only good for being a good natural slimming, green tea has multiple properties that can help us to improve the health of our body. It is an antioxidant, helps anti-aging, is anticarcinogenic and antibiotic, is a powerful blood and intestinal purifier (remember its diuretic power), has therapeutic effects, fights fatigue, and helps skin care, deterioration, and aging.
In summary, green tea is an ideal natural product for slimming thanks to its composition and the beneficial effects it produces in our bodies. If you want to notice its effects and know its results, it is time to incorporate them into your diet.
What Does the Green Tea Diet Consist of?
One of the most recommended diets for weight loss is the green tea diet. As we have already mentioned, it stimulates our metabolism, has great diuretic power, and improves fat burning. This slimming plan consists of drinking 3 cups of green tea a day, generally after each main meal, and combining its consumption with a healthy, balanced, and moderate diet.
The most appropriate way to drink green tea would be as follows: the first cup should be taken on an empty stomach, accompanying the infusion with a squeeze of lemon. The second cup should be consumed 20 minutes after the midday meal. The last cup of the day should be taken just after dinner, or before going to bed, which will help your digestion.
On the other hand, for the green tea diet to be 100% effective, you should modify some habits and restructure your diet. You should avoid the consumption of refined sugars and derivatives, as well as prefabricated food, fried foods, dairy products, and derivatives.
Your diet plan should be rich in fruits, vegetables, and fresh vegetables, which you can eat at untimed times in case you are very hungry, and you should increase your consumption of fish, the best ally for this type of diet. You can also eat nuts, such as walnuts or almonds. Do not forget to drink at least a couple of liters of water a day, which will help increase diuresis and the elimination of toxins.
It is also important that before starting this diet, you make sure that the consumption of green tea will not have harmful effects on your health, so we recommend that you consult the article Contraindications of green tea.
Green Tea Diet Menu Example
As it is a strict diet, we recommend you follow it for only two weeks. After completing the weight loss plan, you should rest for about three weeks and then you can resume the diet again, following the same process until you reach the desired weight.
The following is an example of a menu:
- Breakfast: a cup of green tea on an empty stomach, whole wheat toast, fruit (orange or two kiwis or two tangerines), and low-fat yogurt or low-fat spreadable cheese or cereal or cooked ham.
- Lunch: first, fresh vegetable salad (lettuce, bell pepper, tomato, egg, onion) or steamed cabbage or vegetable soup or brown rice or peppers stuffed with tuna or pasta salad. For the main course, baked tuna with roasted vegetables or baked or grilled fish or grilled veal fillet, or grilled or roasted chicken. For dessert, don’t forget your piece of fruit or a low-fat yogurt plus your green tea.
- Dinner: more or less similar to lunch, based on a light salad first or steamed vegetables and accompanied by a piece of grilled fish or lean meat. Plus a piece of fruit and green tea to finish.
- The idea is to have a rich and varied diet based on light and healthy products. Do not forget that if you are very hungry, between meals you can eat an orange, carrot, apple, two tangerines, five strawberries, or four nuts. To benefit 100% from the results of the green tea diet, you should do at least 20 minutes of moderate sport a day.