Pineapple is one of the most popular and consumed tropical fruits in the world, thanks to the fact that it is very healthy because it contains great antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals.
However, when consuming it we usually keep the inside and completely discard its nutritious pineapple peel. Learn more about its benefits and how to make a refreshing tea with it:
9 Benefits of Pineapple Peel Tea
- Thanks to its diuretic properties, it helps fight constipation and improves digestion.
- It is rich in fiber and polyphenols that help purify and detoxify the body naturally.
- In addition to reducing cholesterol, it is a natural diuretic that reduces fluid retention and helps eliminate body fat, making it perfect for weight loss.
- It is packed with bromelain, a powerful antioxidant that works as a natural anti-inflammatory.
- Helps to treat sports injuries and relax muscles.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Reduces the negative effects of cholesterol in the arteries and purifies the blood.
- Reduces stress and tension, thanks to its enzymes that produce a calming sensation.
- Thanks to its natural properties, pineapple peel helps reduce abdominal inflammation.
How to Prepare Pineapple Peel Tea?
Add a liter of water in a saucepan and when it starts to boil, add the pineapple peel, previously washed. Let it boil for another 5 minutes. Strain and serve unsweetened.
If you have a small-size pineapple, then use less water so the tea doesn’t lose its flavor and properties.
You can drink it warm or as an iced tea, depending on the season and your preferances.
Attention! It is important to note that the effects of pineapple peel may vary, in some cases it may cause reactions such as allergies, so it is important to consult a specialist before adding it to your diet.
If you’re looking for a special and unique flavor, check out our extraordinary selection of teas at Hummingbird Tearoom. Add any medicinal herb to one of our organic teas elaborated for your enjoyment and health.
No content on this site, regardless of date, should ever be used as a substitute for direct medical advice from your doctor or other qualified clinicians.
Itsnevernotteatime.com cannot and does not contain medical/health advice. The medical/health information is provided for general and educational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional advice.