In this article, we want to focus on the part of strengthening our body to prevent colds and colds, or at least to make them as mild as possible.
We will talk about those infusions that bring a little more vitamin C to the body. Because we have to take into account that for years it has been a home remedy against the common cold, rather prevent it than cure it because it does not intervene in the latter.
And why this belief, you may ask. And is that vitamin C strengthens the defenses, that is, it stimulates the function of the immune system by promoting the production of white blood cells (if you’ve seen the series Life is Like That, or the human body, are those policemen responsible for protecting the body against viruses and bacteria).
But vitamin C is not only good for strengthening defenses, it has many more benefits such as its antioxidant function in the skin, which helps to reinforce that first barrier we have.
Vitamin C can be found in many foods and, abundantly, in citrus fruits such as lemon, grapefruit, and orange. Also in kiwi, red fruits and some vegetables such as broccoli. So with a varied diet, you will not have to take any supplements, unless medically prescribed.
Today we focus on those infusions or teas that are rich in vitamin C, in case you are interested in taking a little more because you think that your diet is not enough.
Despite the name it has, it is nothing more than the fruits of the wild rose of the rosehip. It has a high concentration of vitamin C, although it also contains vitamins A, D, and E, and antioxidant flavonoids.
This fruit is very appreciated to make jams and jellies, but it is also an ingredient that we can find, in a very frequent way, in infusions.
If you want to enjoy a rich infusion of rose hip, which will give you a good dose of vitamin C, we advise you to buy Scarlet Herbal Tea as soon as possible and boost your immune system.
As we said at the beginning of this article, one of the greatest sources of vitamin C is citrus fruits, in any of their varieties. And in Hummingbird Tearoom we use them a lot, not only because they are very healthy, but also because they give a special flavor and touch to all our infusions.
One of the most popular citrus teas, due to its combination of flavors, is Orange Jasmine Tea. It has a very refreshing blend of flavors, with the properties provided by the orange and cinnamon, which is also a great anti-inflammatory.
Tangerine Ginger Tea also triumphs among our customers. Because the orange gives it a mild citrus flavor that combines very well with ginger tea. It is an ideal drink for the winter because it helps us to warm up while providing vitamin C to our organisms.
One of the most widespread beliefs is that vitamin C in fruits is only found in citrus fruits, but it has been shown that it is also found in many others. They are an example of red berries and hibiscus. The latter provides more vitamin C than citrus fruits.
Wild berries and hibiscus tea have several potential health benefits, including:
- Rich in antioxidants: Both wild berries and hibiscus tea are rich in antioxidants, which help to protect the body from damage caused by harmful molecules known as free radicals.
- May support heart health: Studies suggest that hibiscus tea may help to lower blood pressure and improve cholesterol levels, which are both risk factors for heart disease. Wild berries also contain compounds that may help to promote heart health.
- May improve digestion: Wild berries and hibiscus tea both contain compounds that may help to improve digestion and relieve digestive issues such as bloating, constipation, and diarrhea.
- May support immune function: Both wild berries and hibiscus tea are high in vitamin C, which is important for immune function. They also contain other compounds that may help to boost immune function and protect against infections.
- May help to reduce inflammation: Wild berries and hibiscus tea contain compounds that may help to reduce inflammation in the body, which is a key driver of many chronic diseases.