Still do not know the benefits of drinking green tea with lemon on an empty stomach? The combination of these ingredients is perfect to enhance its antioxidant, depurative, detoxifying, and slimming effects. In fact, some studies have shown that lemon would act to enhance the properties of green tea by facilitating the absorption of antioxidant components and combatting the problem of iron absorption that causes the consumption of green tea.
In short, we are facing an ideal natural remedy to drink in the morning if we want to improve our health and eliminate all the accumulated toxins that affect our daily well-being and that can make us get sick more easily. Keep reading this article to discover what are all the benefits of green tea with lemon on an empty stomach. You will be surprised!
Excellent for Improving Digestion
One of the main benefits of drinking green tea with lemon is that it is an excellent natural alkaline remedy that helps to improve the health of the digestive system in general and to promote the proper absorption of nutrients. It has been demonstrated that the fact of including lemon juice in green tea allows the catechins in green tea not to volatilize when they reach the stomach, but on the contrary, they reach the intestine, thus favoring its purification, and improving the absorption of all the nutrients that we ingest through food.
Green Tea with Lemon for Weight Loss
Green tea with lemon has become a very popular and healthy home remedy to lose weight and reduce measurements, eliminating fat accumulated in different areas of the body. The slimming properties of green tea and lemon come together and the result is a drink with the following benefits for weight loss:
- It has thermogenic properties, which help to accelerate the metabolism, and, therefore, a greater amount of stored fat is burned.
- It helps to reduce the assimilation of lipids and carbohydrates, which reduces the number of calories that are absorbed.
- It has depurative and diuretic properties, which help to eliminate liquids and toxins, two elements that undoubtedly have an important influence on weight gain.
- It regulates intestinal transit and prevents both abdominal inflammation and fat accumulation in the belly area.
- Catechins, powerful antioxidants, contained in green tea are perfect for heart health, but also to accelerate fat burning.
- Its consumption provides a good supply of energy for the whole day, which is very effective to improve performance in training for weight loss, thus obtaining better and faster results.
To make the most of the benefits of tea with lemon to lose weight and purify the body, it is best to take the first cup on an empty stomach and the second after the main meal. In total, it is advisable to take about 2 cups a day of this infusion.
An Antioxidant Drink with Lots of Vitamin C
On the other hand, by joining lemon with green tea in the same preparation we get the antioxidant components of green tea that is more easily absorbed by the body. Mainly, in green tea we find flavonoids and catechins, which actively act against the action of free radicals and, thanks to this, help prevent heart disease, cancer, chronic diseases, and aging, as well as contributing to the reduction of high cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
In addition, the large amounts of vitamin C contained in lemon make this infusion a perfect ally to strengthen the immune system, improve the absorption of iron and also protect us from colds, flu, or respiratory diseases.
Ideal for Purifying the Liver and Eliminating Toxins
Among the properties of green tea with lemon on an empty stomach, there are also its powerful purifying and detoxifying effects. Thanks to its antioxidant components, green tea is one of the best existing remedies to purify the liver, block the fat accumulated in this organ and improve its functions. By freeing the liver of toxins, fats, and wastes, it can prevent many health problems, such as poor digestion, fatigue, insomnia, lack of concentration, autoimmune diseases, etc.
For all these reasons it is recommended to drink 2 cups of green tea with lemon, and one of them on an empty stomach to benefit from its purifying action.
In addition to the consumption of this infusion, we recommend following the indications shown in the article How to detoxify the liver.
Green Tea with Lemon and Honey Recipe
If after knowing all the benefits of green tea with lemon, you also want to take advantage of them and improve your health, pay attention to the following recipe, and we explain how to prepare it step by step.
In this case, we will add another ingredient to the preparation: honey, and is that this in addition to improving its flavor, is a perfect ally to enhance the properties of green tea and lemon and help in the prevention of diseases that can affect our well-being, because it is very rich in vitamins, antioxidants, minerals and has super powerful antibiotic and antibacterial properties.
- 1 small spoonful of dried green tea leaves
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 glass of water
- In a saucepan, pour the equivalent of 1 glass of water and wait for it to boil.
- When the water is about to reach boiling point, turn off the heat and add the green tea, allowing it to stand for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Next, strain the preparation and add 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Finally, add the honey to sweeten, and stir and it will be ready to drink just when you get up in the morning before starting your breakfast.
Contraindications of Green Tea with Lemon
Before you start drinking green tea with lemon on an empty stomach, it is important to know in which cases the consumption of this infusion is not recommended; below, we list its main contraindications:
- Pregnant women.
- Women in the lactation period.
- People with hypertension.
- Patients with blood clotting problems or who are taking anticoagulant drugs.
- People with nervous problems or anxiety.